Did you know that almost every indoor environment has mold at low levels? It’s true! But when there is visible mold in a home or the number of airborne mold spores is higher than normal, a mold problem exists.
Sometimes mold problems are small and can be fixed by the homeowner. When that is the case, Moldman will tell you so! That’s part of the Moldman Difference.
However, when the problem is beyond the capabilities of the homeowner, that’s when Moldman is the best choice to perform mold removal, remediation, abatement or mitigation. At Moldman, we don’t overblow the problem, use scare tactics, or recommend burning your house down. We believe all mold problems can be dealt with in a professional manner without breaking your bank account. That’s also part of the Moldman Difference.
Note to customers:
- You will often hear different terms for this process such as “Mold Removal”, “Mold Remediation”, and “Mold Abatement.” But for our purposes, these are all the same here and the words can be used interchangeably.
- Mold removal (or mold remediation or abatement if you prefer) will only be effective if the water intrusion problem that caused the mold problem is fixed.
- Safety of occupants and workers is always priority #1. This means, among other things, proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
The Professional Mold Removal Process
Professional mold removal is a careful, step-by-step process involving the use of specialized equipment and cleaning agents. There are many details involved in doing this process correctly. But the overall process can be broken down into some general steps, as follows:
- Containment. Contain the work area to prevent cross-contamination of mold spores to non-affected areas of the building.
- HEPA Air Scrubbing. Clean the air using commercial-grade and industrial-strength air scrubbing machines. These machines use what are known as HEPA filters, which are designed to capture 99.97% of all airborne and microscopic mold spores which pass through the filters. This process helps to improve air quality in the room(s) where the air scrubbers are placed and prevent mold spores from circulating to other rooms.
- Selective Demo. Carefully remove the negatively impacted building materials. Focus is on controlled demo and removal in order to prevent kicking and stirring up additional mold spores as much as possible.
- HEPA Vacuum. Vacuum the contaminated area using what are known as HEPA filters, which are designed to capture 99.97% of all airborne and microscopic mold spores which pass through the filters.
- Antimicrobial Cleaning. Clean the contaminated area with hospital-grade antimicrobial cleaning agents to kill mold growth.
- Final HEPA Vacuuming & Clean-Up of Work Area. The final step involves HEPA vacuuming and performing an antimicrobial wipe-down on surfaces where mold spores may have settled within the work area. Once the job has been double-checked for quality, containment is taken down and the customer has been informed of a successful remediation.
The Moldman Difference:
- No Overstating Mold Problems
- No Scare Tactics
- No Pressure, No Hassles
- Specialization with 100% Focus on Mold and Water Damage
- Free Quotes
- On Time
- On Budget
- Licensed, Insured, Certified and Member of the BBB
- Thousands of Jobs Worth of Experience
- 10-Year Warranty & 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Wow. Customer service isn’t like it used to be. Travis Boyer reminder me of the good ‘ol days. I was really impressed by the professionalism that the Goldman team displayed. Their team was knowledgeable, took time to explain exactly what he was doing, and was patient with my questions… It’s rare nowadays to find a thorough and efficient technician, but Travis and his team were both.” – Jonathan Burton